Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An interview with Lily

I got this idea from a friend (thanks Leah) and thought in light of Lily getting a Trach it was now or never, enjoy! Just so you know some of her answers towards the end are literally heart breaking.

 Q:What do Dinosaurs say?   A: "NO????"
 Q:What do cows say?           A:"Cow???"
 Q: But what do they SAY?   A: "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh moooooooooooooooo"
 Q: What do dogs say?          A: "fooff"
 Q: What do cats say?           A: "mooooowwwwwwwwww"
 Q: What do sheep say?        A: "heeep.... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
 Q: What do birds say?         A: (does the sign for bird) and says "RAAAAAAAAARRR"
 Q: What do Dinosaurs say? A: (whispered) "roooooorrwwww"
    She gives me a hug and starts sucking her thumb
 Q: Are you all done talking? A: Shakes her head "No"
 Q:What else you you wanna say? A: "yeah"
 Q: If you could tell anyone anything at all what would you tell them? A:"Love Mommy I Love Mommy"
 Q: (wiping tears) You love Mommy thats what you wanna tell people? A: (jumping up and down excitedly with a HUGE smile) "yeah yeah yeah!!!!"
 Q: What else  would you tell people? A: "I happyyyyyyyyyy!"
      Lily:(makes an angry face) Q: Whats that face for? A: I so happy!!!!!!!!!!""Hah-hah-hah-hahahahaha"
 Q: If you could tell daddy something what would it be? A: (smiles micheviously) "NO!!"
 Q: No really what would you say to Daddy? A: " UMMMM, Daddy?? Bubbles? Bubbles???
 Q: If you could tell Grandma something what would it be? A: "Walk with ba-pa"
 Q: You want to walk with a backpack?  A: "yeah, wanna GO!"
 Q:If you could tell Grandpa something what would it be? A: "YO!"
 Q:If you yould tell Uncle Josh something What would you say? " A baby he tickled"
 Q: What???? A: "he tickle, he tickle ELMO! KICK!!!" (and she literally kicked the phone out of my hand... :/  Thanks for the great influence Josh...  )
 Q: What would you tell Uncle Kevan? A:"I tell him sumthing about Mommy"
 Q: What would you tell him about Mommy? A: "My mommy play wit toys"
 Q: What  would you tell Aunt Marnie?  A: "yeah!" "Wow" "I say Hi Ma-nie"
 Q: What would you tell Aunt Julie? A: "I a happy baby" (scowl face) "I do what I do....ummmm, its a thing" (really ??? where does she get this from???)
 Q: What would you tell Uncle Jacob? A: "YUPP!"....(silence)
 Q: Just yep?     A: "yeah"
 Q: What would you tell ALL your cousins?  A: "Buh-bye! " (waving)
 Q: What else would you tell your cousins? A: "buh-bye... see ya (Waving)...buh-bye  buh-bye........buh-bye!!"
 Q: What would you tell Aunt Jodi?   A: "Aunt Dodi I wat to play ok?" (scowls) I dont want my tubie, No tubie, I sorry aunt Jodi no more tubie"
(at this point my heart sunk and I am fighting back tears... I actually considered omitting this from this post, but its Lily's genuine feelings and that was kinda the purpose of this...)
 Q: What would you tell Aunt Rachel?   A: "I miss you roochelll" (holds up toy) "aaaannnnnd this is funny ha ha ha it so funny!"
 Q:What would you tell ALL your friends?   A: (playing with a toy) "Oh the fun that I am having, this is so fun" (yes this was word for word her grammar was perfect)
 Q:What would you tell all the nurses?  A: silence for a long time then..."You shouldn't touch me, You do it and...... this is so cool"(referring to her toy)
 Q: What would you tell all the doctors?  A: "No happy, they make me sleepy"
 Q: they make you sleepy?   A: "yeah, no sleepy!" Long pause "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH I so funny!!!!!!"
 Q: What your favorite toy? A: (with sass in her voice) "it my favorite toy!" (whatever "it" is we shall never know...)

She then lost interest in this "game" and wanted to watch "Melmo" 

I wrote this literally verbatim of what she said. I recorded the whole thing and played it back bit by bit to make sure I had her words just right. It amazes me how well she speaks! 

I am sorry for anyone I forgot or left out please know it was not intentional and I was going off of very little sleep and very high stress. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! She is so smart and funny. I wonder what she'll come up with next -- after all, they can't surgically remove spunk. <3

    ReplyDelete