Friday, February 3, 2012

Not sure what to make of all this...

So I have so many many emotions going through me right now
relief that we didn't have to have surgery
but frustration cause we still might have to,
Anger at the Jerk doctor that just came in here an made me feel 1 inch tall and an
Overwhelming desire to get that doctor to see and listen
or maybe JUST READ HER CHART!
Guilt for feeling that anger.
Fear, so so much fear for what lies ahead.
Physical and emotional exhaustion,
Sorrow, for my sweet daughter and her pain and suffering and fear
And OVERWHELMING GRATITUDE AND AWE
at the incredible out pouring of service, kindness and love.
So many many people have reached out to us.
I feel so undeserving.
I am amazed by how many people love and care about Lily.
Ashamed that I can't do more to help her and others.
Overpowering LOVE 
for 
My Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ
And For My sweet daughter, and husband and family and friends.
Mostly I want to scream, cry and laugh.
I don't really know how I SHOULD feel,
but this is how I feel.

I also wanted to give an update.
The surgery was set for 11:30
It was pushed up to 9:30
then pushed back to 10:45
Then to 11:30
Finally Shaun told a nurse that SOMEONE needed to tell us 
WHAT WAS GOING ON???
So a surgeon came in and told us that there were 3 surgeons
each had a differing opinion about this surgery
and they were arguing about who was gonna do it
It basically all came down to whether 
her position in the x ray could effect the position of the cath in her heart.
So they did another x ray
It turns out it did...
kinda...
So they determined her heart wasn't in immediate danger from the port
so It was gonna stay,
one of the surgeons disagreed because they think she may be septic.
we should know by the morning if she is.
That would be very bad.
I am not thinking about that unless it actually happens.
so we are just back to waiting
and just to make things even more pleasant the doctor
requested an RSV test
which means we are on precautions.
She has no symptoms of RSV and the nurse called to tell him that
but he insisted...
So that's where we are...
more waiting...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've received help and support! I got an email from the RS president this morning with a link to your blog and I've been reading it throughout the day (I hope you don't mind). You have such a beautiful and courageous family!

    Also, I haven't had a chance to introduce myself at church yet. My husband and I recently moved into the ward and occasionally we sit close to you. I've always admired your daughter's smile! If you ever need anything please let me know. All my contact info is updated under Stacey Jansen on the ward website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alix i love you! Thanks for shareing your inner most feelings with us all! This is a wonderful thing everyone coming together because of Lily and you and shaun. I really think Hevenly Fathand in this. We are the ones being blessed! for letting us in Lilys life...Thank you! You would do the same for us. Truely truely i am to be able to help in any way! Wish i could do more! Prayers always!

    ReplyDelete