Friday, February 17, 2012

Some days

Some days,
I look around my house at all the necessary medical supplies and I cry.

Some days,
Things seem to be going so well that I almost forget Lily is sick...almost.
 
Some days,
I feel so worn out I think I must be transparent.

Some days,
I just cant stop smiling because we are so blessed.

Some days,
the very sight of her tube makes me want to scream out loud in defiance of it all.

Some days,
her laughter is so infectious that I laugh till my sides hurt.

Some days,
I feel so tense from the anticipation of her "next symptom", 
that my heart might pound out of my chest.

Some days,
its hard to keep the happy tears from flowing all day long.

Some days,
Its hard to keep the sorrow tears from flowing all day long.

Some days,
I rejoice in my motherhood, and joy in every little task.

Some days,
 my heart feels icy with the fear of what the next moment will bring.

Some days,
I look at how far she has come and I marvel!

Some days,
I cannot do it on my own and I know my Savior is carrying me and Lily.

EVERY DAY,
I give thanks to my Lord and Savior for the blessing of Eternal Families.

EVERY DAY,
I LOVE my family.

EVERY DAY,
I find comfort in the phrase
"BE STILL and know that I am God"-Psalms 46:10
 
EVERYDAY,
I trust in God's will,
 with every stitch of my soul,
And I know I am nothing, and would have nothing without HIM.



1 comment: