Friday, January 27, 2012

Lily is 1!!

My baby girl isn't so much of a baby anymore!
So on her birthday we woke her up by singing to her... You HAVE to watch the
WHOLE thing there is a "surprise" at the end of the video!

Ok does it sounds like she says it to you too?
Or are my ears just being super optimistic?

We decided to give her
her main present before the party...
she LOVED it!

She spent the day playing and being adorable!
Then it was time for her party!
Now, I received a lot of criticism for throwing
a 1 year old a party,
But making it through this past year was definitely something to celebrate!
So she got a party!
TAKE THAT CRITICS!!
Yes, We are TOTALLY "those parents"
we wrote on our car about her birthday...
So the day of her birthday was the HEALTHIEST day she had
EVER HAD IN HER LIFE!!!
She crawled, talked, played with OTHER PEOPLE!!!
For ONE WHOLE DAY
She acted and looked completely healthy!
The bags and dark circles under her eyes went away,
there was no hoarseness to her voice,
No swelling on her little body,
no fevers,
She MADE EYE CONTACT ,
AND LET PEOPLE TOUCH HER!
SHE ATE FOOD!!
I cannot express enough gratitude to Our Heavenly Father
for giving her one day of being healthy!
She was so so so happy all day and so was I!

She received many many presents!
And LOVES ALL of them!
At the end of the party as people were leaving
She became  
HYPER!!
I have never seen her have so much fun!
I would have cried out of joy if I had been able to stop laughing!
Thank you to my awesome friends Brandis and Rachel
for the amazing pictures!
and Thank you everyone who shared in her birthday celebration 
in body or just in spirit! :)
(The sign says I <3 a Tubie)
Happy 1st birthday to my sweet silly Lily!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm so glad she had such a good birthday! We loved the party and seeing her so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck!!! who would ever critisize a day to celebrate such a milestone!!! Thank you so much for sharing the events and Lilys mood on her birthday!! we were so there in spirt. Jadyn kept asking me to replay the one with her playing with the balls. He loved it!! And yes it does sound like she is saying birthday. That bug is so darn CUTE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so sad to miss it. I was stuck in the stupid hospital :( I promised Emily when I am back to normal, we could bring her gift and see you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad she was able to have an amazing birthday! So adorable. I wish every day could be like that for you guys. Sorry we weren't able to be there -- someone in my fam has had one sort of tummy crud or another for weeks. I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but I thought to celebrate this huge milestone, maybe
    you guys would like to do a little photo session on one of her better days? I'm not a professional, but I like to play around a bit with the camera, and I'd love to do something nice for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW So glad she had an awesome birthday! She was so adorable! It definitely sounds like she said birthday! haha! she's amazing! Post some of the pro. pics!

    ReplyDelete