Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Passing time and general sillyness

So, after the last post and the past few days I needed to do a post that was a bit lighter. So i thought I'd post about how we keep Lily (and ourselves) entertained while we are in the hospital or at the doctors.

This is an early one. She was 6 months here and the hospital gave us that lil ducky. She LOVES him. We affectionately named him Douglas. Honestly at this age all I really had to do to keep her entertained was hold her and give her Douglas to suck on, or a toy helicopter thing that sang songs and she was relatively happy.


  
 Therapy dogs are one of Lily's favorite things. You can hear her squeals of delight all the way down the hall. Her squeals often sound like a bloodcurdling scream however and usually sends a nurse or doc running to see what happened. It always ends with lots of laughs though cause she's just so darn cute!!!




So Shaun and I tend to get VERY bored while we are in the hospital. So, we do things to make each other laugh. This time it turned into Lily erupting in giggles (which is super rare). I guess seeing big old 6ft 6 daddy inside a closet was funny. It made us all laugh.


 She spends the vast majority of her time in my lap while we are in the hospital or at a doctors. The floors aren't clean enough for her to crawl on since she is immune deficient so its either my lap, her crib, or the couch (if we are lucky enough to have one in the room). This end up with lots of Mommy Lily bonding time, exchanging smiles. And I am just fine with that!!!


 This room had an awesome window and a great couch for her to play on. I told her to do her 'kissy' face for the camera and she did!!!


 This was one of the better cribs we have had, It had a flat surface I could put toys on and she would stroll around the crib chasing her toy as I made her toy "walk'' around and around the crib. She LOVED this game. She could only usually make it once around without having to sit down and rest for a while (like she is in the picture) But it sure put her (and me) in good spirits!


OK, so this one wasn't at the doctors or in the hospital but I love it!!! I took this yesterday. She was so happy to be up there and of course It made Shaun happy to make her happy which made me happy! Happiness and smiles all around!!!

6 comments:

  1. That last picture is my favorite! She looks so happy up there on her daddy's shoulders! -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily has amazing parents! That's awesome that she can be so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's such a sweet, happy little girl! she's so lucky to have you guys as her parents. :) you are in our prayers everyday. we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at that beautiful smile! I love love love it!! esp. the one on her daddys shoulders! SO PRECIOUS! Oh how i wish we could come visit SOON! so sweet thanks for shareing :)

    ReplyDelete