Thursday, January 12, 2012

MBS and OT

Yesterday morning Lily had her "post g-tube" modified barium swallow.
So we had a 7:20 am check in time but the silly cab was
An Hour LATE
so we didn't get there until 7:55.
Luckily they were nice and still let us do the study.
I wasn't expecting much, I was just hoping her dysphagia hadn't gotten worse.
The Dr had been pretty optimistic. She thought after a few weeks without the NG tube 
Lily's swallow would just "get better", 
I wasn't as optimistic...

 
Well the study showed the same thing as last time.
She still aspirates anything thinner than a Honey thick consistency
But She didn't get worse!
WOO-HOO!!!
After the past week I needed some good news, or at least
some news that wasn't bad.  
So after that we took a cab home and got ready for OT.
 
I really like our new OT (occupational therapist)
She has a lot of experience and Lily is 
beginning to trust her!!!
Lily actually sat on her knee for a few minutes!!!!!
For those who don't see Lily often, 
She doesn't make contact with other people easily
So for her to trust her OT like that was
AMAZING!!!
by the end of OT Lily was exhausted and
spent the rest of the day
being a very fussy lil drama Queen.
 

So for the MBS they put her hospital band on her wrist this time 
instead of her ankle and she was 
SOOOO concerned!
She kept touching it and looking
at me like
"is this ok? is it SUPPOSED to be here?"
My silly Lily lady bug!!

  So I told her  " It's ok" and "its pretty and blue"
She felt much better. :)
 



3 comments: